|Eastern European models
- Start of incubators in the country, 1998.
- Number of incubators , 7
- Types of incubators, in general: all incubators are public institutions.
- Country specifics in brief: All incubators are tech-incubators.
- Information on impact and results: Recent info on KTC (Kaunas University of Technology Regional Business Incubator) is available: KTC has over 3000 sq. premises for rent, also 64 firms and 90 % success rate. About 3 mln. EUR taxes paid.
- Start of incubators in the country -1993
- Number of incubators - 5 and 2 more developing
- Types of incubators, in general - public
- Country specifics in brief: technology incubators
- Information on impact and results: Latvian Technology Center, Riga - 68 companies over 10 years, 28 tenants today, 7 EU projects; see www.innovation.lv
- Latvian Technology Center, Riga - 28 tenant companies, 5 Associate Member companies. Main fields: biotechnology, industry automation, laser technologies, electronics, software, environment protection.
- Association: Latvian Assoication of Technological Parks, Centers and Business Incubators, www.innovation .lv
- Start of incubators in the country - 1992
- Number of incubators - 9. 3 to be opened in 2005
- Types of incubators, in general: mostly publicly financed but operated under private law, some elements of PPP involved
- Country specifics in brief: 2 technology incubators (in Tallinn and Tartu, the two main R&D centers), others - non - specialized
- Association: no national Association yet, under planning now. Member of BASTIC - Baltic Associations of Science/Technology Parks and Innovation Centres, Established in 1996.
- Members: National Associations or Networks.
- Start of incubators in the country - 1990
- Number of incubators - 55
- Types of incubators, in general:
- Private: several Joint Stock Companies and Company Limited,
- Publicly financed: departments of local administration offices, Public private enterprises, most of Incubators: Associations, Foundations
- Country specifics in brief: Mixed Incubators predominate
- Information on impact and results: 1 018 tenants in all incubators generate 4813 job places - 37,6% start ups.
- 1058 graduates generate 4300 job places
- Associations: Polish Business and Innovation Centres Association, www.sooipp.org.pl, email@example.com Network of Business Incubators, Science and Technology Parks, Technology Transfer Centers.
- Members: 130 individual persons + 25 Associate Members (legal units + 4 honorary members: Rustam Lalkaka (U.S.A.), Heinz Fiedler (Germany), prof. Bogdan Marciniec (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland) and prof. Bohdan Gruchman (Economical University, Poznan, Poland)
- Start of incubators in the country: 1994
- Number of incubators: 18 (BI, 1 Technology Parks, 3 Technology Innovation Centers, 1 Business Support Center)
- Types of incubators, in general: publicly financed - Ministry of Economy and Entrepreneurship, Ministry of Science and Technology, local administration
- Country specifics in brief: mixed, and tech-incubators
- Information on impact and results, when available:
- in all BIs
- 155 tenants and 731 jobs,
- 61 graduates of which 45 successfully operates in the market
- average space - 2319 m2
- One example in very brief, when available: Business Incubator BIOS, Osijek (attached)
- Association, and URL (when available), role and function of association in brief: No Association of BI. There is Croatian Institutions for Promotion of Entrepreneurship Association UHIPP www.uhipp.hr
- Start of incubators in the country: 1995
- Number of incubators: 19
- Types of incubators, in general: All incubators are financed trough different donor programs with the support of governmental, municipal or NGO structures
- Country specifics in brief: Mixed incubators predominate. 2 high tech incubators, and a number of agrobusiness incubators
- Association: The National Business Development Network (NBDN)